Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Elder Porphyrios: "You should experience the mystery of the divine incarnation..."

The Annunciation of the Theotokos (source)
 
Elder Porphyrios: "You should experience the mystery of the divine incarnation..."
Good morning, and many years! May we have the blessing of our Panagia. I pray this for everyone. I am very happy for our Panagia. Today I embrace everyone. I kissed Demosthenes, Kosmas, Thomas, everyone. But they did not understand me. This occurred mystically. “We are all one in Christ.”

Today is the beginning of our salvation, The revelation of the eternal mystery! The Son of God becomes the Son of the Virgin, As Gabriel announces the coming of Grace. Together with him let us cry to the Theotokos: Rejoice, O Full of Grace, The Lord is with You!

Say this also yourselves. Say it again even more beautifully. I don't get my fill of this!

This was announced from ages beforehand. What does the Katavasia of Christmas say?
To the Son, begotten without flux, of the Father, before the ages, and who was lately made incarnate of the Virgin without seed; to Christ God now let us cry aloud: You have exalted the horn of our strength. Only You are holy, O Lord.

You should experience the mystery of the divine incarnation. “Your Nativity, O Christ our God...” I say this within myself and cry.

The Holy Spirit has crafted these, the “Today is the beginning of our salvation”, and the “Your Nativity, O Christ our God...”, they were not crafted by men. They are very rich in meaning and depth. Very strong words.

You understand little. I am telling you the truth, it was not written by men, but by the Holy Spirit. I cry every time I hear them. As many times as I think of this, I am always moved. My Christ, my little Christ! Say it again, but with beautiful recitation. Read now, I can't speak, I can't, I am unable, I don't have the strength, I surrender, I should get up and hurry myself along.

I am very moved, and my eyes filled with tears. And because I am laid up in bed, the tears don't fall down, but my eyes are filled with tears. All day, if you would tell me the troparion, I would be moved constantely. I should have two megaphones to stand upon the pine trees and to play “Today is the beginning of our salvation...”, and “Your Nativity, O Christ our God...” to be taken by the air and projected north and south, to be heard far away, so that all creation and nature would hear it!
This event occurred on the feast of the Annunciation in the year 1987. From the Book: Logoi Peri Pneumatikes Zoes. The Holy Monastery of Chrysopigis. Chania. 2010. (Amateur translation from: source and sources 1 and 2)
   
The Nativity of Christ (source)
   
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: